Platform tennis is a simple game to play, without the need for lots of equipment to carry around, all you need is a paddle, a ball and a court to have a game!
The only issue is that although you might not need a lot to play, you always end up carrying a lot of stuff around with you. Things like spare sneakers, a towel, change of clothes, extra balls, hat and gloves, to name but a few.
Of course, the more equipment you end up taking with you, the quicker you come to the conclusion that you need a bag to carry everything in.
Now, you could put everything in an old backpack or duffel bag and make do, which can work for a while, but a bag which is specifically designed for platform tennis has many advantages compared to an old backpack or duffel bag.
Types Of Platform Tennis Bags
Platform tennis bags come in four different styles.
- Backpack – larger with space for more equipment
- Sports duffel bag – very large with room for change of clothes and shoes, towels, multiple paddles and balls.
- Platform Tennis bag – perfect for multiple paddles and all your equipment
- Tote bag – fashionable with a surprising amount of space
There are pros and cons to each of these four different styles of platform tennis bags, so the one you choose is likely going to be based on how you like to carry it, and what you are going to take with you to the court.
Whichever style you choose, there is a huge amount of choice and some great bags at prices which are very kind to your wallet. Below are some of the best bags we have found that should be top of your list.
Platform Tennis Bags
Platform tennis bags are designed specifically for your paddles and have enough space for all your equipment and gear.
- Features. Extra interior compartments for your paddle, shoes and cell phone. Shoulder and carrying straps are padded for comfort.
- Dimensions: 22" x 12.4" x 13". Weight: 1.72 lbs. Model: 7V426.
- Made in China.
- Holds up to six racquets
- Carry options include traditional handles or shoulder straps
- Bungee cord for drying out wet gear
If you are looking to take a change of clothes, shoes, towels, gloves, as well as your paddles, balls, drinks and whatever else you need for a match, the sports duffel bag gives you the ultimate amount of room for everything.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Perfect size for a quick trip to the gym or practice.
- Adjustable shoulder strap for ease of use.
- Adjustable Shoulder Strap
- Zippered Main Compartment
- Zippered Accessory Pocket on Outside (length of one side)
- Dimensions When Full: 21.4"W x 10"L x 11.1"H//Volume: 2,563 Cubic In. / 42 L
- UA Storm technology delivers an element battling, highly water resistant finish
- Tough, abrasion resistant bottom & side panels
- Lifetime warranty.
- Extra roomy main compartment that stands tall for easy packing.
- 2 zippered end pockets with space for your team's branding and a new zippered outside pocket to stash the little stuff.
Backpacks are great, they free my hands to carry so much more, and these backpacks are designed for tennis, so have plenty of compartments for your phone, wallet/purse, wet clothes as well as your paddle and balls.
- HEAD PERFORMANCE: Born out of revolutionizing how we ski and play tennis, HEAD has constantly pushed athletic equipment into the modern era. Pairing decades of experience with modern tech; HEAD offers...
- UP TO TWO RACQUETS: The racquet compartment offers enough room for up to two racquets and uses ample padding to ensure that your rackets are safe & sound.
- PLENTY OF STORAGE SPACE: Each racquet bag features a large main compartment with a zippered accessory pocket, a vented shoe compartment, and a removable glove cord.
- KEEP RACKETS SAFE AND SECURE - A dedicated racket compartment keeps your rackets protected, and can hold 1 - 2 rackets comfortably. The zip closure ensures everything stays secure while you're on the...
- DEDICATED SHOE COMPARTMENT - Stop worrying about shoes leaving marks or dirt on clothes and towels! The bottom of the LISH Game Point Backpack features a separate shoe compartment, ideal for keeping...
- COMFORTABLE TO CARRY - Padded shoulder straps provide cushion and comfort, and can be adjusted for a perfect fit. A quick-grab handle on the side makes it easy to grab your bag if you're in a hurry.
- NAUTICAL STYLE- Even your sporty attire should reflect your own individual look. This eye-catching tennis bag has all the right moves with a relaxed shape to hang comfortably and a bold nautical...
- ALL YOUR GEAR - Matches and practice require all your gear on tap. With a bag like this, you'll have everything you need within arm's reach. A large main compartment with drawstring feature has a...
- COMFORT FIT - Padded, adjustable shoulder straps bring a comfortable fit on and off the court. The relaxed design is light and easy to carry.
- Pocket Types: 1 racquet compartment. 1 main compartment. 2 side accessory pockets. Front accessory pocket. Shoe/wet clothes pocket.
- Straps: Backpack. Adjustable shoulder straps. Cushioned back panel for added comfort.
- Technology: No
Tote bags are surprising spacious and if you take a look at our recommendations below, look great on and off the court.
- Neoprene-like material for a premium look and feel.
- Premium jacquarded webbing: the brand with the three stripes.
- Self water bottle pockets with snap closure.
- Large interior, padded compartment for 2 rackets or laptop
- Multiple internal organizational slip pockets
- Should straps with padded grip
- Polyester main body fabric. Small metal logo plate on front
- Padded sleeve holds 2 rackets or laptop
- Main compartment for personal storage
Platform Tennis Bags Buyers Guide
When your about to buy a new platform tennis bag, there are certain things you should think about. Firstly, you need to decide how much room you will need. Are you planning on bringing 1 paddle, 2 or maybe 3?
What about compartments? Some compartments are insulated, protecting the rackets from extreme heat or cold. Other possible extras are padded backpack straps, accessory compartments, insulated food compartments, ventilated wet/dry storage compartments for clothes and anti-microbial shoe compartments.
Look for additional features when you are going to buy a back, some larger bags also have wheels.
Size matters, choose carefully
You need to remember that size does matter, it can easily become a problem if you have either too small or to large a bag. If you choose a small platform tennis bag, then maybe you will have to get another bag later when you find out you need to bring more equipment with you. On the other hand a bag which is large can be troublesome to carry sometimes.
Again consider the number of paddles you will need to carry, and also additional equipment like grips, balls and gloves. Don’t forget that its nice to have room for other things as well, maybe you will need to bring towels, snacks, drinks, and a extra set of clothes/shoes.
Since you most likely will carry a bunch of different things in your bag, then it would be a good idea to get a quality bag, that has good comfortable handles and carry straps.
Platform tennis bag styles
There are many different styles of platform tennis bags to choose from, so you need to think about how you like to carry your equipment bag. On your back, over your shoulder, or carry buy your side.
When you have chosen the style of bag you are comfortable carrying, you will find there is plenty of choice from some of the biggest sports brands in the world, like Wilson, Prince Pro, Viking or maybe Head.
The different bag styles and sizes are:
- Platform tennis bag (designed specifically to hold multiple paddles and all your equipment)
- Backpack (easy to carry and keep your hands free)
- Sports Duffel bag (space for lots of equipment)
- Tote bag (fashionable and surprising spacious)
How much do platform tennis bags cost?
What are the best top bags and what do they cost? Wilson is of course the first choice for many platform tennis players, it is definitely one you should consider. Wilson also incorporate technology like Thermoguard into their bags. Thermoguard is a technology that helps to keep your racquet cool at all times.
You can pickup a Wilson bag for around $60 to $70 and bags from the likes of Viking and head for around $25 – $70.
It is safe to say that whatever your budget is, there are plenty of good choices, and you will find a good equipment bag that will fit your needs perfectly.
Put your name on it
Lastly, whatever you decided on, it is recommended to write your name on a customized label of some sort or even just on the inside. Basically just find a way to make it easily identifiable as it may come in handy should you lose your bag. Losing lots of equipment is never any fun, having a permanent identification visible somewhere inside the bag means that the person who finds your bag can contact you if you do happen to lose it.